The most important thing is that you are reading for at least 20 minutes a day.
You can also have a go at some of these activities with somebody at home:
- Read aloud to as many different people as you can from the newspaper, a book, a website etc. Perhaps you read a page, then they read a page.
- Read aloud in a ‘character’ voice from a story
- Draw a story map to help retell a story you know or are reading
- Make stick puppets to retell a story and perform the puppet show to your family
- Find and list words that rhyme
- Draw and label a scene from your favourite part of a story
- Collect inspiring ideas from reading for your own writing – phrases or words
- Find out something new from a non-fiction book – share facts with your family
- Write a blurb for a book you like or character description from the story
Phonics Play premium activities are free during this period. Click the link here. The username is: march20 and the password is: home.
There are lots of story telling channels – pick a book and somebody will read it to you!
Storyline online – celebrities read books aloud.
Free Audio Books – Listen to thousands of best sellers and new releases on your iPhone, iPad, or Android.
‘Owl Babies‘ – Martin Waddell
‘The Three Little Pigs‘ – Fairy Tale