At Brecknock, Home Learning is used:
- To stimulate proactive learning that is imaginative and creative.
- To encourage learners to make learning choices and to pursue their own interests.
- To invite parents and guardians to share memorable learning experiences at home.
- To provide the opportunity to rehearse core literacy and mathematics skills.
- To celebrate the pursuit of personal learning as a continuous process and as a school provide the opportunity to share this learning with peers.
- To facilitate activities that provides a balance between coverage of core objectives in reading, writing, mathematics and IPC.
There is a balance between core maths tasks, such as times tables and number bonds (click here), core literacy tasks (such as spelling and grammar tasks) and creative topic learning. All children are expected to read for 30 minutes a day (click here to read more).
Termly Home Learning Matrix
Each class will have a termly Home Learning Matrix. Click here for an example of a Year 4 Learning Matrix linked to their topic. More examples can be found on year group pages.